So Monday kicked off the very first day of the 6 Month Speedy Growth Challenge, and I thought it may help others on the challenge or those looking for some growth/length retention, if I go into a little more detail behind each of my four steps and the benefits I am getting from them. I’ll start with one of my faves…
Water, Tea & a Smoothie!
As mentioned in my last post I have a morning, afternoon and evening routine when it comes to what I drink. Ever since I can remember I’ve never been a fan of fluids, if I don’t make a conscious effort to drink water or even juice, I can easily go 3-4 hours without a trace of liquids in sight! Now however, and ever since the start of the New Year I can’t go more than 20/30 minutes without reaching for a bottle of H20. It’s quite simple, keeping hydrated does wonders for your Skin, Hair, Nails, etc, so it would be silly of me not to make the effort right?!
Here are the exact ingredients that go into my daily liquid intake method, I’m absolutely sold on this and have already started to notice a spike in my energy levels!
Morning: Cup of warm Water infused with a slice of Lemon or Lime
– Helps to maintain proper body pH
– High in vitamin C which helps with Collagen production [each bulb on our head is surrounded by a sheath of Collagen, Collagen helps to maintain thickness and is a major component for strong nails and hair]
– Helps to detoxify your system
– Believe it or not I had a good 20 minute conversation with my work nurse and she said this is also a winner for better smelling pits and vaginal odour! I think it’s fair to say there are numerous benefits!
Before Lunch: Cup of Bamboo, Rosebud and Grapefruit Tea
– Silica and Antioxidant rich
– Stronger Hair & Nails
After Lunch: 1l of water
– Just like our body, our hair thrives when we are well hydrated. A dehydrated scalp can lead to issues with dandruff, a dry/flaky scalp and even scalp psoriasis. All of which can stunt our hair growth and health.
Early Evening: Fruit & Veg Smoothie [using my trusty Nutribullet]
I thought for this section I would share my favourite and most commonly made recipe, as I’m sure my recent ravings about Annette Larkins’ story are enough to prove just how beneficial a good helping of fruit and veg can be! The Nutribullet pulverises everything right down to a liquid form, it’s definitely one of my proudest investments to date!
– Spirulina Powder
– MSM Powder
– Chia Seeds
– Flax Seed Oil
– Almond butter
So there it is, the three drinks you can bet I’m downing everyday without fail! I’m quite happy to take 10 minutes out of my day to whip up a smoothie but if you’re looking to save some time you can definitely prep for the week and freeze your ingredients in a sandwich bag.
Coming soon… Why scalp creams are better than oils for dry scalp issues